Today is about programming with your friends (known by some as pair programming)
- failure<>collapse<>yield<>catalyze Folder poem, letters, subtract, Nicole He – The Best Art, Nina Katchadourian – Popcorn, Allison Parrish – The Ephemerides,
- Passing notes reminder & blog posts
Digital Gardening Group Gentle Chaos Exercise
Web Resources Doc: Editing the digital garden
In your groups, edit in the commons section your group’s tag or class
- (color, background, etc)
- .filter-category, .days, .words, .projects
- .footer, .title
- <marquee> (add this one!)
- <img> (add this one!)
- Last Week’s class page here
- Notebook from last week here
- Max’s Bag of Tricks (link here) – Text Methods!
- Download this folder and save it in your home folder or somewhere accessible from you home folder such as Downloads or Desktop
- Launch Anaconda and open Jupyter Notebook
- Navigate to where you saved bag-of-tricks.ipynb
- Supplemental Python Coding Practice – Programming together!
Markov Chain Glich Website!
Letters From the Beginning by Amber Officer-Narvasa
☼ Homework for next week
Passing notes in class
- In pairs, discuss with each other what your preferred platform to receive a word based message is that you both agree on and exchange the necessary info from each other to send/receive.
- You and your partner don’t have to choose the same way to receive a message
- snail mail ?
- an sms text
- a signal text
- a voice recording text of you reading the note aloud
- instagram dm
- reddit comment on an obscure subreddit
- youtube comment on your favorite music video
- Create a new .ipynb file and building off of, manipulating, and editing parts of the code we went through in class, create a poem or a note to share with your partner. Send it to them using their preferred medium platform.
👁 Examples from DLL 2020!~: https://www.are.na/digital-love-languages/passing-notes-lepghojthjg
To document and share your note
- Take a photo or screenshot of your message embedded in the medium you sent it to your partner in. (Example: photo of a mailed letter or screenshot of a text or an audio file of you reading the note aloud)
Publish your website to the garden under the project title ‘Passing Notes’ — We will have 2 weeks to work on this!
I recommend starting from the Folder Poetry Glitch template to publish your Passing Note: https://glitch.com/edit/#!/dll-folder-poetry
What is a reading you would like to share with the class?
- Read Ambers Code Words Spell’s blog post, https://lovelanguages.melaniehoff.com/codes-words-spells-letters-from-the-beginning/
- Read Adina’s Code Words Spell’s blog post, https://lovelanguages.melaniehoff.com/a-calming-warming-sense-of-spaciousness-codes-words-spells-part-2/
- Share a pdf, link to article, video link, or link to where we can find your reference by adding a block in the Digital Love Languages arena channel
Supplemental Coding Exercises
- if you’re new to HTML + CSS I recommend watching videos #10 – #14 on this playlist
- this is a list of handy CSS references i’ve collected that includes fun things like background gradients and fullscreen image backgrounds!!(& how to make your website mobile friendly)
- CODE resources for DLL arena channel!